TXAOO News and Updates
- 2023 Board of DirectorsTXAOO Members – Greetings, and best regards to you and your farms/businesses from your new 2023 Board of Directors. Please know that we are working hard to transition into our new roles, set priorities and make plans for where we want to take this organization over the coming years. Let me introduce our new slate … Read more
- 2023 Board AnnouncementIt is with great pleasure that I would like to announce the newly elected Boards Members for the Texas Association of Olive Oil (TXAOO). The composition of the TXAOO board is as follows: Stephen Janak was also seated as a non-voting Ad Hoc Board member. We look forward to working with our members, sponsors and … Read more
- Article: Olive Groves in Texas Remain Barren Ahead of Harvest SeasonSource: Olive Oil Times Due to extensive damage from consecutive winters of extremely low temperatures, olive groves in Texas have not borne fruit since the 2020 harvest.
- TXAOO 2023 AnnouncementsApril 5, 2023 Dear members, sponsors and friends, On behalf of the Board members of Texas Association of Olive Oil (TXAOO), we would like to make the following announcements: Despite the complete loss of olives in the state of Texas for the last two years, the fortitude and determination shown by Texas olive growers have … Read more
- TXAOO 2022 Year-End Update and AnnouncementsDecember 1, 2022 Dear fellow Texas olive growers and supporters: As the end of 2022 rapidly approaches, the TXAOO board wishes to address and inform the TXAOO members of the progress, status, and strategies for our association. As in 2021, the 2022 Texas olive production was at zero and, as reflective of the Texas olive … Read more
- Sept. 30 Olive Conference MaterialsThank you to all who attended and presented at TXAOO’s olive conference, both live and online. The conference was originally held on Sept. 30, 2022 in Uvalde TX. Below are some materials and recordings from the conference, for those of you who were unable to attend. Early History of Olives in Texas Presenter: Larry Stein … Read more
- Final Performance Report – Grant ProjectAttention growers, the grant project is in and attached is the Final Performance Report for grant Project SC-1920-13, Developing strategies for mitigating the impacts of freezing and cotton-root-rot on olive production in Texas; Vijay J. Joshi, Texas A&M AgriLife Research and Extension Center at Uvalde in collaboration with TXAOO Final Performance Report_Olive_2022
- Diversify or Die: Texas Olive Oil Industry on its Knees after 2021 FreezeA recent article by By PAULA LEVIHN-COON with Reporting Texas. You can read it at https://reportingtexas.com/diversify-or-die-texas-olive-oil-industry-on-its-knees-after-2021-freeze/?fbclid=IwAR0HWyyX8_7E_qMy1-zzWtUyWa8MIrjANWoNEz3uizPhukfMpZrIGxR3Su8
- Texas Olive Update & Grower’s Seminar on June 3rd in Uvalde, TexasTexas A&M AgriLife Extension will host a Texas Olive Update & Grower’s Seminar on June 3rd in Uvalde, Texas. This half-day educational event will provide an update on the status of the Texas olive industry and on research efforts regarding olive production in Texas. Lessons learned over the past 25 years of commercial olive production … Read more
- The Future of TXAOODear members, sponsors, and friends, On behalf of the Board members of the Texas Association of Olive Oil (TXAOO), we aremaking the following announcements: The unprecedented winter storm of 2021, known as Winter Storm Uri, resulted in devastatinglosses to the Texas olive industry. Specifically, complete olive crop loss for 2021 as well as theloss of entire olive … Read more
- Growing Texas Olives – PodcastYou must be logged in to view this content.
- Texas Association of Olive Oil Fall Event PostponedAs some of you may be aware, the TXAOO Board of Directors is in the midst of planning an exciting in-person event this Fall. With the uncertainty and unpredictability of the COVID 19 strains and our concern for the health of our members and general public, it was decided to postpone the Fall event to … Read more
- May 2021 Board MeetingYou must be logged in to view this content.
- Restore, Rehabilitate and Revitalize Texas Olive OrchardsDate: April 24, 2021 Time: 1:00 – 5:00 pm Location: Jewett Farm, 1691 CR 258, Moulton, TX, 77975 It’s springtime in the olive orchard and time for the trees to wake up from one of the harshest winters on record for Texas. No doubt orchards around Texas look different this Spring. Join Stephen Janak, Extension … Read more
- Feb. 2021 Board MeetingYou must be logged in to view this content.
- TXAOO New Board and AgendaTexas Association of Olive Oil (TXAOO) held its first board members meeting on November 11, 2020 via Google Meet. The business of the board included welcoming the newly elected board members, electing the officers and establishing an agenda.
- Nov. 2020 Board MeetingYou must be logged in to view this content.
- Commissioner Miller Seeks Members for New Texas Olive Oil Advisory Board
Texas Department of Agriculture is accepting applications through August 15th.